Sunday, December 19, 2004

Zen Odyssey

I don't think you can begin at the beginning, because, where is that? I can only begin now. I am a Zen priest, ordained at the Austin Zen Center in August. In January, I will enter Great Vow monastery in Clatskanie, Oregon for monastic training. This blog, if I can keep it, will let me share some of that experience with my friends and family. Clatskanie is a small town in the northwest corner of Oregon, overlooking the Columbia River and Mt. St. Helen's. My plan is to drive from Austin to San Diego, where I hope to visit Joko Beck, my original Zen teacher. Then I'll drive up the coast to Oregon. If I can bring a camera, I will try to post some pictures. Right now I am in Chicago with my son Ben, enjoying the holidays before I leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home